Rehabilitation is vital to regain full function following an injury, whether this be any injury sustained at home, work or during an activity.
Here at Theorem Health our Rehabilitation Therapists roles are to help to lessen dysfunctions, reduce pain and restore range of movement through optimising tissue healing.
Picture opposite: Jess Hyde
At Theorem Health we will use a variety of modalities including a personalised strength and conditioning programme to fit your specific injury requirements, thus returning you to full function and back achieving your goals.
Strength and Conditioning uses exercises in conjunction with your rehabilitation to restore proper biomechanics during different movements; therefore, improving not only your strength but also your confidence each session. As each session progresses, your risk of injury in the future with reduce and your wellbeing will dramatically increase. This will improve your performance whether you’re an elite athlete or a weekend warrior!
Your sessions will be exclusively devised to include exercises which use a combination of different fitness components. These activity components include:
- Aerobic - Improves body composition and cardiorespiratory fitness
- Muscle-strengthening - Reduce muscular imbalances, increase joint stability, strength and endurance
- Stretching - Improves flexibility such as range of motion
- Neuromuscular- Improves neuromuscular fitness such as balance, agility and proprioception
At Theorem Health, we understand that everyone is an individual so we will take the time to listen to your needs. Our sessions are based on patient-centred care, so we will personally devise a prescription of exercises unique to you. As a team, our ethos is to improve your physical and mental wellbeing. Therefore, by visiting our Strength and Conditioning team we aim to get you fighting fit and striving for you to reach your full potential.
- Individualised programme.
- Qualified team of local professionals, including physiotherapists, sports massage, acupuncture, myofascial release, mobilisations, taping and strapping.
- Get professionals to come to you – home visits and people come to the clinic i.e. podiatrist
- Clinics covering Worcestershire and Warwickshire enabling a large community of patients and professionals.
- Throughout your rehab programme, free or reduced admission to the gym facilities are available for your specific exercise requirements.
- We are here for as long as you need us, whether it be an acute or chronic injury.
Additional to your strength and conditioning our sports therapist can incorporate other modalities such as;
Improves muscle function, reduces pain & supports joints. K-Taping Prolongs & supports sports massage therapy, providing treatment when you’ve left the clinic!
Muscle Energy Stretching involves using light muscular contraction prior to stretching which helps to relax the muscle and limit the body’s protective reflex to contract whilst the muscle is being stretched.
Our Sports Massage therapists are qualified in VTCT Level 3 Sports and Swedish Massage including Sports and Exercise Science Bsc (Hons).
At Theorem Health we strive to give you the best service we can individual, patient centred and progressive’
Health, Wellbeing Combined Book now call
Can the Wattbike help with rehabilitation?
'The Wattbike is perfect for those returning from injury due to its static nature and ability to exercise at low intensities and low load bearing. Together with the wattage output and Polar View data you can monitor your training to assist rehabilitation'.